Friday, May 16, 2008

Almost time!

It’s about that time…almost 20 weeks until the marathon. 20 weeks of training. I am going to train for 20 weeks this time. I am not sure how Jason is going to do it this time, but I am going to train slow and easy. Last time, I went Waaaaaaay to fast and trained myself way to hard. My body went overboard and I made myself sick almost every time I would run. I join the Burleson Athletic Club to help, not only my running but my overall health as well. I will tell you though, I got on that treadmill for the first time and that first mile was not easy…not to mention it took about 15 minutes. Wow, who would have known waiting 4 months to start up running again would have done that to my body.

As for the fundraising, I think we are going to do really well. I have been talking to a lot of people with the NF Marathon team and they are really encouraging. They are getting me in touch with other families as well as Texas NF (another foundation, like CTF) and we are trying to get as many people involved and aware with Neurofibromatosis as possible! I’ll try and keep you all updated as much as possible!! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I will support you 100%! Maybe I can come watch this one too! Yay!!! Me and my NEW HUSBAND!!! (that was really nice to say, kind of made my heart smile)

Anonymous said...

You know I will support you 100%! Maybe I can come watch this one too! Yay!!! Me and my NEW HUSBAND!!! (that was really nice to say, kind of made my heart smile)