A Few thoughts I have on training for this marathon:
1. RUNNING…NOT FUN! Especially when you are running your long runs and all you want to do is collapse on a bag of ice…a soft one, if that is at all attainable.
2. Is it really possible for my sports bra to cut me in half? Sometimes it feels like it!
3. Jason is always “feelin good” after a run, I think he is either
a. delusional or b. extremely high.
4. Next time I train, I am joining a group with a coach…preferably one that is easy on the eyes.
5. Will there really be a “Next Time” though?
6. When I finish the marathon all you need to know is that I am AWESOME, not that I was weeping drastically at mile 16 and that my kneecaps are about to fall off and I actually might have stopped to take a nap on a bench for a while there….but I am AWESOME!
7. I am in the best shape of my life - vs. - I am in the most pain of my life…which is better?
8. So if I don’t even like to walk from the couch to the fridge to get a…”healthy and nutritious” snack, why do I think I can run a marathon? Hmm.
9. With Christmas coming up…as well as the marathon, more training, longer runs, colder days – is it really going to be “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”? I don’t think so.
10. Running 8 miles for the first time in my life with Jason (first time for him also) was AMAZING and I am so glad that we did it together. Sorry, had to have one sappy one in there.