Monday, August 23, 2010

Only run on busy streets...

Yes... I have decided that while I am starting my training for the marathons, I need to run on only busy streets.... Why you may ask??
Let me tell ya....
Last night Jason and I started our training. I was thinking that we might run a mile...maybe a bit more, BUT Jason had other plans. He thought it would be a good idea to run from my parents house to Bartlett around their trail and back. Okay, I thought...that doesn't sound TOOOOO bad. Well, I got there just fine, got around the trail and then on my way back to the house, running on Alsbury, I hit a wall. A HUGE. BRICK. WALL. My legs cramped up, my back started to hurt, my throat was dry as all get out. I just wanted to stop. {and fall to the ground in agony}. But guess what!!??? We were running on Alsbury. One of the busiest streets in Burleson... So, I can't stop. I can't look like a wuss, or a coward, or some sort of "beginner"...NO, so I pushed, and pushed myself to get to the stop sign, to get to the corner, to get to the stopping point... AND I MADE IT! And it felt good. I sweat... A LOT, and this morning, my legs hurt like the dickens' but It was a good 3 mile run, and I can't wait to get back out there to torture myself again!!!
Check out TEAM DENVER!

No comments: