Monday, October 13, 2008

What's Your Passion?

Do you believe in something beautiful? Do you have so much love and passion for something that you want to shout it from the rooftops?

Well, let me tell you that this foundation, The Children’s Tumor Foundation is my passion. I wish I had a million dollars to give to this place. I wish I knew so many more people to reach out to and tell about it. I wish I had the training needed to find a cure for neurofibromatosis. I wish that I could do SO MUCH MORE than just run. When I actually think about it, I feel like it isn’t enough. My passion stems from a precious little boy named Denver. If you haven’t met him…you are really missing out. He is one awesome kid! He has no clue that he is affected with NF. No idea. His innocence is so sweet. So true. So fair. I run to find a cure so that he doesn’t have to grow up with Neurofibromatosis like I did. So that he doesn’t have to have the risk of having a malignant tumor growing on his brain stem, spinal cord or somewhere else on the inside of his body. I run so that the kids out there that are affected badly by the disorder have a chance. Read about a few of them here. Did you know that Neurofibromatosis is more common than Cystic Fibrosis, hereditary Muscular Dystrophy, Huntington's Disease and Tay Sachs combined. Amazing, isn’t it? Most people have heard of those others, but not Neurofibromatosis.

My training is going great. I feel it in me and I am ready to do this run. Ready and willing. I am not 100% there yet, but If I had to run it tomorrow…I may do it slowly, but I would definitely finish!

Think about what your passion is. If you don’t have one…find yours. If you want to be a part of this one, it is a worth while one!

1 comment:

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.